Tuesday, 19 August 2008

SOUL SEARCHING ... part 1

~ The Quest by Bryn Christoper ~
I’m leaving tonight
Going somewhere deep inside my mind
I close my eyes slowly
Flowin’ away slowly
But I know I’ll be alright
It’s coming stronger to me
And I know someone is out there
Lead the way Lead the way
Show me the answers I need to know
***
What I’m gonna live for What I’m gonna die for
Who you gonna fight for I can’t answer that
***
All my life/love it is It is all my love
All my life/love it is I know it is a life to live lately
From above I hear
I hear the sound of them sinkin’
I feel numb, I’m alive
I know I’m getting closer
***
What I’m gonna live for What I’m gonna die for
Who you gonna fight for I can’t answer that
***
My life has had it’s share of troubles
And now I found a place to go
I’ve said goodbye to all my troubles
’cause now I’ve found my place to go
***
What I’m gonna live for What I’m gonna die for
Who you gonna fight for I can’t answer that
As i am writing, The Quest is playing as d b/ground song... suddenly i have to stop thingking of my dissertation and think back the purpose of me being here...all 9000 miles away from home. Initially i wanted to escape from everythg....responsibilities, predictable life style and expectation from others...i was evrythg that everyone expected of me yet i am nothing at certain level...so i decided to leave my comfort zone and venture into uncertainty and do some soul searching...
Who am i without my family, friends & job? What do i fear the most in life? What do i expect in life? What do i want to do with my life? so many questions goes tru my mind and yet as i come to the end of this chapter in my life, i have discovered nothing & many things about me....
That life do sucks big time but it is not bad at all....life is juz like food...there's so many items on the menu for you to choose and taste one by one before you decide what you like best...things may be too sour, salty, sweet, bitter or juz delicious but you never know wat you like till u taste it...
That i'd rather be a bad person with a golden heart than be a devil in disguise. You need to be cruel, tough and selfish at times so that people dont take advantage of you..that you must think of yourself 1st before anyone else but never use others or put them down juz to make yourself superior....that it is ok to be defensive but dont be too insecured wit your surroundings...
that everyhtg thats good or bad happens for a reason...sooner or later you will know why...good things happen when it is least expected...that you can prepare yourself for everythg yet surprises do happen no matter how prepared you are....that the earth is round yet everythg on it can be sooooo flat....that you shd surround yourself with sumthg new, sumthg old & sumthg borrowed not only during your wedding day but every day...
that sumtimes the greatest journey in your life could be the distance between you & that sumone...that you can have so many good days together ...yet not enough years to spend it...everyday comes with its own surprises...
that at the end of the day you will realize that your family, friends, enemy, job and responsibilties make the person you are...they will be der when you most need them and when you dont need them...happiness is choice that i make everyday when i open my eyes and becoz of that...life is beautiful...

No comments: